- This event has passed.
Robert M. Russell Moderates A Panel Entitled “Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technologies: An Industry Perspective” At The FBA’s 2022 Tax Law Conference
March 3 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
On March 3, 2022, Robert M. Russell moderates a panel entitled “Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technologies: An Industry Perspective” at the Federal Bar Association’s 2022 Tax Law Conference.
Description: The incorporation of rapidly evolving cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies into the mainstream economy has undergone a substantial recent acceleration. Consistent with that trend, the infrastructure bill passed into law last year added a definition of “digital assets” to the Internal Revenue Code and expanded information reporting for transactions in cryptocurrency is on the horizon. Meanwhile, compliance challenges remain a focus of significant attention for industry, taxpayers and the government with a number of regulatory agencies working to apply existing legal frameworks to these emerging technologies. This panel provides a roundtable, industry-focused discussion of the broad range of tax and other regulatory issues raised by transactions in cryptocurrency.
- Understand how blockchain technologies are playing an increasingly important role in the mainstream economy.
- Identify challenges in applying existing tax and other regulatory regimes to transactions in cryptocurrency.
- Evaluate legislative and regulatory approaches to addressing compliance challenges presented by transactions in cryptocurrency.
- Robert M. Russell, Counsel, Kostelanetz & Fink, LLP
- Liz Chien, Head of Global Tax, Protocol Labs
- Michelle Gitlitz, General Counsel, Flexa Network Inc.
- Ari Redbord, Head of Legal and Government Affairs, TRM Labs
- Jamison Sites, Blockchain/Digital Assets Tax Lead, RSM US LLP
Click here for more information and to register.