Michael Sardar And John D. (Don) Fort Participate In A “Criminal Tax Workshop” At The ABA’s 38th Annual Criminal Tax Fraud Institute And 11th Annual Civil Tax Controversy Institute
December 8 @ 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
On December 8, 2021, Michael Sardar and John D. (Don) Fort participate in a “Criminal Tax Workshop” at the ABA’s 38th Annual Criminal Tax Fraud Institute and 11th Annual Civil Tax Controversy Institute.
Description: This popular workshop will teach you strategies and techniques for handling sensitive civil examinations and criminal investigations and defending a criminal prosecution. The workshop addresses when to anticipate a criminal referral, IRS Special Agent interviews of the taxpayer or preparer, representation of a target, subject or witness in a criminal investigation, how to approach a Department of Justice conference, procedural and trial issues that every criminal tax defense attorney should know, when and how to argue tax loss issues, effective plea negotiations, and sentencing strategies. The workshop includes a “criminal tax toolkit” of practice tips prepared by experienced practitioners
- Justin Gelfand, Margulis Gelfand
- Michelle Feit Schwerin, Capes Sokol
- Michael Sardar, Kostelanetz & Fink, LLP
- John D. (Don) Fort, Kostelanetz and Fink, LLP
- Ian T. Murphy, Margulis Gelfand
- Elizabeth Hadden, Internal Revenue Service
- Edward M. Robbins, Jr., Hochman Salkin Toscher Perez, P.C.
- Martin Schainbaum, Martin A. Schainbaum, A Professional Law Corporation
- Richard Speier Jr., Richard Speier & Associates
- Lacey Strachan, Hochman Salkin Et Al PC
Click here for more information and to register.