Michael Sardar and Don Fort Participate In A Panel Titled “Criminal Tax Workshop” At The 39th Annual National Institute On Criminal Tax Fraud And The 12th Annual National Institute On Tax Controversy
December 12 @ 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm PST
Michael Sardar and Don Fort participate in a panel titled “Criminal Tax Workshop” at the 39th Annual National Institute on Criminal Tax Fraud and the 12th Annual National Institute on Tax Controversy.
This popular workshop teaches strategies and techniques for handling sensitive civil examinations and criminal investigations, and defending a criminal prosecution. The workshop addresses when to anticipate a criminal referral; IRS Special Agent interviews of the taxpayer or preparer; representation of a target, subject or witness in a criminal investigation; how to approach a Department of Justice conference; procedural and trial issues that every criminal tax defense attorney should know; when and how to argue tax loss issues; effective plea negotiations; and sentencing strategies. The workshop includes a “criminal tax toolkit” of practice tips prepared by experienced practitioners. CLE credit is offered for this event.
- Michael Sardar, Partner, Kostelanetz LLP
- Don Fort, Director of Investigations, Kostelanetz LLP
- Justin Gelfand, Partner, Margulis Gelfand
- Elizabeth Caryl Hadden, Deputy Division Counsel/Deputy Associate Chief Counsel (Criminal Tax),
Internal Revenue Service
- Edward M. Robbins, Jr., Partner, Hochman Salkin Toscher Perez, P.C.
- Michelle Feit Schwerin, Shareholder, Capes Sokol Goodman & Sarachan PC
- Richard Speier, Jr., Consultant, Richard Speier & Associates
- Lacey E. Strachan, Attorney, Hochman Salkin Toscher Perez, P.C.
- Jeffery D. Trevillion, Jr., Director, Crowe & Dunlevy
Click here to register. Please note the event will be taking place in PST time.