Megan L. Brackney Presents On A Panel Entitled “New Partnership Audit Rules” For The Practicing Law Institute
May 11 @ 8:30 am - 9:30 am EDT
On May 11, 2023, Megan L. Brackney presents on a panel entitled, “New Partnership Audit Rules” for the Practicing Law Institute’s “Tax Planning for Domestic & Foreign Partnerships, LLCs, Joint Ventures & Other Strategic Alliances 2023” program.
Description: The BBA audit rules provide a radically different approach for how adjustments are made in the partnership context. Although the BBA was enacted in 2015, practitioners are still grappling with its implications and how to advise clients. This panel will address issues that are critical in transactions and audits, and will discuss the newly issued final regulations. After completing this session, participants will be able to:
- Draft provisions in partnership agreements and other transactional documentation that address BBA issues
- Calculate the imputed underpayment and evaluate strategies for shifting risk
- Address the partnership audit rules in transactional due diligence
- Megan L. Brackney, Kostelanetz LLP
- Kate Kraus, Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis
- Jennifer M. Black, Senior Counsel, Office of the Associate Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service
CLE credit may be offered for attendance.
Click here for more information and to register.