Garrett L. Brodeur Participates In A Panel Titled “Will Robots Replace Lawyers? The Ethics of Lawyers Using ChatGPT” At The ABA 2023 May Tax Meeting
May 5 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Garrett L. Brodeur participates in a panel titled “Will Robots Replace Lawyers? The Ethics of Lawyers Using ChatGPT” at the American Bar Association’s 2023 May Tax Meeting in Washington, D.C. on May 5, 2023. Ethics CLE credit is offered for this event.
The panel discusses the ethics surrounding the use of the ChatGPT chatbot in a legal context. In November 2022, OpenAI launched ChatGPT, an interactive chat robot that uses artificial intelligence to answer questions about anything. While ChatGPT may be able to draft anything from a routine legal document to a complex analysis of a Supreme Court case, lawyers will have to carefully consider how to use this new technology while still upholding their ethical obligations to clients.
- Learn about how using ChatGPT implicates the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct, including Rules 1.1 (Competence) and 1.6 (Confidentiality)
- Learn about privilege considerations when using AI
- Learn about potential ethical uses of AI, including creating marketing materials and drafting legal articles.
- Carina Federico, Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Garrett L. Brodeur, Associate, Kostelanetz LLP
- Caitlin Tharp, Associate, Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Andrew Allen, Associate, Morgan Lewis LLP
Ken Crutchfield, VP and General Manager of Legal Markets, Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory (invited)
Click here to learn more and register.