Bryan C. Skarlatos Presents On A Panel Entitled “Balancing Tax Planning, Advocacy, And Professional Ethics: The Rules That Every Partnership Tax Advisor Should Know” For The Practicing Law Institute
May 11 @ 4:15 pm - 5:15 pm EDT
On May 11, 2023, Bryan C. Skarlatos presents on a panel entitled, “Balancing Tax Planning, Advocacy, and Professional Ethics: The Rules That Every Partnership Tax Advisor Should Know” for the Practicing Law Institute’s “Tax Planning for Domestic & Foreign Partnerships, LLCs, Joint Ventures & Other Strategic Alliances 2023” program.
Description: This panel will focus on the various judicial doctrines and ethical issues that arise in the partnership tax planning process. After completing this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify the ethical rules related to advising clients on transactions involving partnerships and other passthrough entities including standards derived from the Internal Revenue Code, Circular 230, the AICPA Statements on Standards for Tax Services, and the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct
- Avoid the ethical pitfalls that arise when providing tax opinions and recommending return positions
- Respond to the IRS in an audit
- Bryan C. Skarlatos, Kostelanetz LLP
- Michael J. Desmond, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
CLE credit may be offered for attendance.
Click here for more information and to register.