NEW YORK (August 18, 2022) — Eleven attorneys at Kostelanetz & Fink were recognized this year by U.S. News’ “Best Lawyers in America®” for their 2023 edition.
The K&F lawyers that have been selected by their peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America for 2023 are:
- Megan Brackney for Tax Law in New York;
- Caroline D. Ciraolo for Litigation and Controversy – Tax and Tax Law in Washington, D.C.;
- Sharon L. McCarthy for Criminal Defense: White Collar in New York;
- Claude M. Millman for Commercial Litigation in New York;
- Jay R. Nanavati for Criminal Defense: White Collar in Washington, D.C.;
- Michael Sardar for Litigation and Controversy – Tax in New York;
- Bryan C. Skarlatos for Litigation and Controversy – Tax and Tax Law in New York;
- Ian Weinstock for Trusts and Estates in New York;
- Robert S. Fink for Litigation and Controversy – Tax and Tax Law in New York;
- Kevin M. Flynn for Litigation and Controversy – Tax in New York; and
- Stephen A. Josey as “One to Watch” for Commercial Litigation and Litigation and Controversy – Tax in New York.
K&F has been recognized by Best Lawyers for more than a decade. The firm was selected “Law Firm of the Year” in Litigation – Tax by Best Lawyers for the 2021 and 2022 editions of U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms.” The firm has also been ranked nationally as a “Best Law Firm” in three categories: Tax Law; Criminal Defense: White-Collar and Litigation – Tax; and Commercial Litigation. The firm’s New York office has been recognized by Best Lawyers in four categories: Criminal Defense: White-Collar; Tax Law; Litigation – Tax; and Commercial Litigation; the D.C. office has been recognized in Tax Law and Litigation – Tax.
According to Best Lawyers, its lists are “compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation.” Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
Kostelanetz & Fink, LLP has built a national reputation as the law firm of choice for clients facing sensitive and high-stakes controversies and negotiations with government agencies, including tax audits and trials, regulatory investigations, white-collar criminal matters, and complex litigation. Because of our experience handling the most challenging, complex and sensitive cases, our attorneys are considered to be some of the country’s foremost authorities on tax controversies, white-collar defense and regulatory matters. An important part of the firm’s practice includes tax and estate planning and representation in government procurement and government contracting.